Friday, July 27, 2007

The Art Of Saying Goodbye

As everything fades away into oblivion
And as life solidifies into a wall
And it's impenetrable and all that
And I'll slowly walk away from it all

Although I can't trust my instincts on this
It might not be true in my mind
But in my heart I know I can move on
And not look back at what's left behind

Now I go onto one last concession
I'll never feel again what I felt then
I'll never be the same, never say it again
But I can't allow myself to run

And she can't accuse me of what I am not
Cause I didn't know the art of saying goodbye
And I don't think I will ever learn it
But I swear I am going to try

And too much has gone in a cliche
I'm now going to change my direction
It's a space-time graph going different
And it's a dangerous personal correction

I hope this is my final ode to you
And as the music fades, so do I
Strain your ears I wont be there
I am learning the art of saying goodbye

No comments: