Friday, October 30, 2009

Brando In The Taxi Scene

I'm the Tiger in Corbett
I'm the greatest song by Jet
I'm Yossarian in mid-flight
I'm the dream in midsummer night
I'm the boat in the Life of Pi
I'm the thief who never lies
I'm the ring in The Lord of The Rings
I'm the sand that the Sandman brings

I'm the sounds of The Edge's guitar
I'm the spy of The Cold War
I'm the owner of Jurassic Park
I'm the fear in Fear of The Dark
I'm Mick Jagger of The Stones
I'm the 'i' in the iPhone
I'm Hoyt in Training Day
I'm the field of human clay

I'm Kumble's ten wicket haul
I'm the fall of the Berlin wall
I'm the answer in the wind
I'm the drummer of the drum of tin
I'm the nose of Midnight's Child
I'm McCandless into the wild
I'm a play by Badal Sircar
I'm the last film by Gulzar

I'm the hare who is late for tea
I'm the old man at the sea
I'm the hand of the Doomsday Clock
I'm the son of The Ghost who walks
I'm the man from bakers street
I'm the ground beneath her feet
I'm Samson without long hair
I'm the coin for the boatman's fare

I'm the Motel run by Bates
I'm the Piper at the gates
I'm Wooster without Jeeves
I'm the Oscar that Hanks received
I'm the boy from Neverland
I'm the first book sold at Strand
I'm the Yellow Submarine
I'm Brando in the taxi scene


PS-I am just picking up from where the guys of Divine Comedy left. The above rhyme can be sung to the tune of Gin Soaked Boy and is heavily inspired/ripped off the same song.

PPS-Prizes for listing down all the cultural references.

7 comments:

m.s. said...

in the dark of every theater
i am the silent gullible screen.

the references as you said could be infinite but the assimilation is beautiful.

Sushant Trivedi said...

i am the underground man ...
nobdy cares abt the undergrnd man

Ravenholm said...

i think i got all the references here

@Sushant
and i am the el capitano..
nobody cares about el capitano either

Unknown said...

I would like you to list down the reference that are obscure...

Ravenholm said...

boat in life of pi....Pondicherry one of the best places in India
drummer in the drum of tin? slipknot..duality?
McCandless..into the wild...pearl Jam..awsome
which oscar who talking about? Philadelphia or Forrest Gump

apart from that Sandman reference is awsome and so is the 'hare' late for tea..

and all the references are obscure..references always are obscure

p.s. i did googling for a few stuff

Vaibhav said...

1) Jim Corbett National Park
2) 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl' by Jet
3) Catch-22
4) Midsummer Night's Dream
5) Life of Pi, that great novel
6) Charandas Chor by Habib Tanvir
7) Self explanatory
8) Sandman series by Neil Gaiman

9) U2
10) Books by John Le Carre
11) Mr Hammond
12) The song by Iron Maiden
13) Self explanatory
14) Self explanatory
15) Ethan Hawke in Training Day
16) A song by Creed

17) Self explanatory
18) Self explanatory
19) A song by Bob Dylan
20) The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass
21) Midnight's Children
22) 'Into The Wild'
23) Pagla Ghoda
24) Hu Tu Tu

25) Alice In Wonderland
26) The Old Man And The Sea
27) Watchmen
28) Phanton
29) Sherlock Holmes
30) Ground Beneath Her Feet (Salman Rushdie)
31) Samson and Delilah
32) The Greek myth that after the death the boatman at river Styx had to be paid a fare to ferry souls

33) Psycho
34) Album by Pink Floyd
35) Jeeves and Wooster by PG Wodehouse
36) The Oscar for Philadelphia
37) Peterpan
38) The legendary Strand book shop in Bombay
39) Song by Beatles
40) One of the greatest scenes of film-history, from On The Waterfront. Brando says 'I coulda been a contenda!'

flight uninterupted said...

6 ,31,31,33,38
could not get these
and,great work.