Monday, September 15, 2008

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Four o'clock in the morning
I stand outside my room hallucinating
Waiting for the dawn to creep in
Or to feel the lightness of being

The rush is so relentless
The pleasure becomes much to bear
It makes you itself from within
And you wait for familiar fear

Wait for the tales to flood
And I often pick up my pen to sing
The ink leaves a wet page
Old thoughts it brings

She broke up with me
On the day she loved me the most
So I could figure out myself
What I had loved and lost

She left me for nobody
And there wasnt much left for me
Old friends sitting in a row
Hoping for the rest to free

I turn my empty mind
To know what I had never known
And when its over I stride
On a path others have shown

A choice between life
And The unbearable lightness of being
An easy chance between them
When its reduced to seeing

Four o'clock in the morning
And all those times that she left me
An alternate fantasy to enjoy
And then to let it all be

1 comment:

m.s. said...

there's not much i need to say.
and i can't find anything.