Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Ballad of M and S

-For Absent friends, lost loves, and the season of mists

You are going away so soon
I wish you were here instead
Sitting right now beside me
With these words I never said

Though I could never be so clear
Or be precise or something close
There wasnt a thread of fear
And no time that I chose

And now that you won't be here
With me still thinking about
What can be or could be
And I don't want to be of the crowd

For once, always or last
I wish I knew what to say
And I could still wake up happy
at the dawn of another day

To tell you those words
Or to bid you farewell
To make a small difference
Somewhere in you I'd dwell

Still I take my chance and say
There's a part of you that knows
I want you to be happy,
I love you, please don't go

No comments: